- Where are we?
- Why are we there?
- Situation analysis done at beginning of strategic development.
- Involves all available data, knowledge and opinion about your products, services and market.
- All subsequent advertising decisions based on this important task.
- Only when you completely analyze your situation, are you ready to define your strategy.
- What are objectives?
- What are alternative directions for getting there?
- Where do you want to be? How do we get there?
- Answer is heart of your creative strategy.
- Evaluate products and services.
- What is key problem or issue your advertising must solve? Develop a promise with single-minded benefit.
- Establish summary statements.
- Define your customer.
- Age: Women 35-64; Adults 35-64
- Income: $100,000 + HH
- Home Owners
- Geographic: Work or Live in X Mile Radius
- Define Interests, Hobbies, Marital / family status, Education Level, Employment Status.
- How do we get there?
- Prospect priorities
- Geographic guidelines
- Zip code analysis
- Seasonal or other timing goals
- Plan ahead for year
- Plan week by week
Advertising Promotion Timing / Evaluation
- News Events
- Local Events
Awareness Campaigns vs. Limited Time Promotions
- Best advertising establishes consumer awareness of your store as the place to buy.
Evaluate Each Promotion’s Message
- Does your message offer a benefit to the target consumer?
“Create your own spectacular outdoor living experience with Rich's stunning...”
- Is there a message of value and an incentive to buy now?
- What is the event?
- What is the offer / why buy now?
- What is the selection?
- Guaranteed Installation / Delivery?
- When does offer end?